Accommodation at Deepwater Station is finally being brought online and available for booking.
All of the accommodation on Deepwater Station has been designed to provide a rural camping feel, with varying levels of comfort. It is designed for families or groups who would like to get back to nature, have fun on a beautiful little river, experience a much simpler lifestyle and rediscover where their food comes from.
We offer four alternatives:
- The Campsites – Private riverside campsites to really get away from it all.
- The Cookhouse – The ‘cookhouse’ for families or small groups who want that campsite feel but with a warm bed and showers.
- Shearer’s Quarters – The ‘shearers quarters’ provides a similar experience to the ‘cookhouse’ but for larger groups.
- The River Cottage – The ‘river cottage’ is a 2 1/2 bedroom, self-contained cottage with most of the mod cons and 300m from the river.
Attractions and Features
- Fishing, Swimming and More!
All people staying at Deepwater Station have access to our 10 km, private, double frontage to the Deepwater River for fishing, swimming, picnicking and kayaking.
- Farm Tours
Farm tours can also be arranged with plenty of sheep and cattle to get acquainted with and the chance to pick your own fruit (seasonal).
- National Parks
There are at least 5 National Parks within 1.5 hours drive to explore including the ancient rainforests of the world heritage listed Washpool National Park and the exhilarating rock climbs of Bald Rock and Girraween National Parks.
There are very popular fossicking sites nearby for emeralds, beryl, aquamarine, fluorite, sapphires and zircon or explore the abandoned tin, arsenic and molybdonite mines.
We have selected the best sites along the river to develop as private campsites that a group can have exclusive access to. The sites are at least 400m apart and there will only be 1 group per campsite so campers can enjoy a quiet, secluded space on the river.
All the campsites are simply appointed; all have recently been planted with shade trees for cover and the immediate area will be mown. A composting toilet is available at each site and a barbecue can be provided if requested. There are no other structures but showers are available back at the shearers quarters.
Access to all sites require at least a high clearance 2WD vehicle but groups without can be ferried in easily as most sites are only 2km off a tarred road.
The Cookhouse is the old cook’s quarters/kitchen/dining room for the shearing teams that used come and stay for the annual shearing. The facilities are no longer required as the shearers we now use live locally, so we have converted the cookhouse into a simple, but very comfortable, 2 bedroom cottage.
Being located in the middle of a paddock about 300m from the river it is ideal for people who want the feel of camping but with a warm bed and a solid roof over their head.
The cookhouse has 2 bedrooms; one with a queen bed the other with 2 singles, a sitting/dining room, kitchen with gas stove and oven, outdoor covered living area with a large BBQ and open fire pit. An external shower and toilet block is about 50 metres away.
In keeping with the camping feel we have intentionally not provided TV or DVD facilities but feel free to bring your own screens as the cookhouse is amply powered (no pun intended) by a 1.5 Kw stand alone solar system with good storage and there is mobile coverage, or you could just avail yourself of the numerous boardgames and books supplied for those nights in front of the wood heater.
For Larger Groups – Shearer’s Quarters & Cookhouse
Separate to the cookhouse, but only 50m away, is the Shearers Quarters which consists of 8 bedrooms and a shower/toilet block.
Larger groups can book the 2 buildings (the cookhouse and the shearers Quarters) and use the shearer’s quarters for sleeping and the cookhouse for cooking, eating and relaxing; just the way it was designed to be used. This setup would be ideal for a few families that want to getaway together or groups such as fishing clubs for that week or weekend away.
In total there are 10 bedrooms and some camping around the buildings is fine. The shower block has 4 showers and 2 toilets in it.
The River Cottage
The River Cottage is a lovely 2 ½ bedroom cottage which used to be part of an early homestead on Deepwater Station. It is situated 200m from the Deepwater River, nestled in amongst other original farm buildings from the 1800’s.
There is a queen bed in one room and 2 singles in the other. There is a gas stove and oven, wood heater, television, DVD player and washing machine.
The cottage is comfortable, clean, warm and quiet within 200m of the river and surrounded by large shade trees for afternoon picnics. The cottage is aimed at families that like to have a few more home comforts while still feeling away from it all.
- All accommodation must be booked and paid for online at least 24 hrs before arrival.
- Payment options: PayPal – you can use your credit card or debit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- No facilities to pay upon arrival.
- Cancellations made more than 4 weeks before arrival receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 2 and 4 weeks before arrival are eligible for a 50% refund, cancellations within 2 weeks of arrival will be non refundable.
- In either case, if the accommodation is re-booked by another party for that period you will receive a 100% refund.
- Minimum 2 nights booking on all accommodation types.
No pets are allowed at any of the accommodation sites!